Once I decided to make the Sadie Slip it went straight to the top of my sewing list. I called Tessuti on Thursday morning and they express shipped the fabric to me that day. It arrived the next day and I had all Saturday to make the dress.
After making a quick toile to check the fit, I went straight into cutting the fabric.
Having to cut on the bias meant it would not fit on my sewing table, so I moved to the loungeroom. It took a while to lay it up, check, pin and cut but it was worth it.
I am an Australian size 10, and I cut the XS which fit perfectly.
The instructions are clear and simple and the construction time was very quick. As I was making the dress, I decided to add side seams splits. To do this, I opened out the french seams and created a 6mm double roll hem on the side splits.
The finished product. It fits perfectly and I'm already planning my next, short version!